Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Anchor Charts

Chart paper.
Markers.
Stick figures.
Bubble letters.
Lamination.


Anchor charts.


Anyone else love to make these?  I could write a bunch of stuff about how they're not just pretty pictures but that's no fun.


Here are some of mine!




You better believe they remember the difference now!


Not nearly as cute as I like to make them, but it was helpful.



This goes with this:

It can get annoying when our darling chickadees keep asking WHY they have to learn something, but truthfully, they do deserve an explanation once in a while.  Maybe all the time :)  Plus, the first text we used for the unit that introduced character reactions provided the cherubs MANY opportunities to react.


Explaining theme to 9 year olds was challenging.  Do you like how while I was making this chart I realized they didn't know what inferencing was so I threw in the definition at the bottom?  I explained it later.  Also I thought it was "inferencing" not "inferring" so I get to re-teach that one!  Thanks, anonymous co-worker :)



Goodness gracious do they love my stick figures.



Summary, not summer-y.  No, really.  I had to clarify.



This should be far larger, but at least you get the idea.



It's kind of tough to describe culture.  This barely begins to cover it.  The best part of this lesson?  When we talked about the "tradition" part, I meekly started singing the opening song of Fiddler on the Roof and HALF OF THEM KNEW WHAT I WAS SINGING.  

"Traditionnnnnnnn! Tradition!"


Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I am totally with you! LOVE me some Fiddler - and Tradition is just one of those parts you can't help but belt out whenever you hear the word! Happened with my family over break :0) So glad other teachers find humor in the same type of stuff. I am impressed your kids knew what you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The work done is very interesting and easy to follow. Thank you

    ReplyDelete