Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Keeping It Real

Someone pinned this picture from my blog and commented, "I wish I was this organized!!!"


HA.

HA.

HA.

Note the chairs taped together there on the left side?

That means school hadn't started yet.  Flash forward to today:


That stack of papers on the left with a bag on top?  The bag is leftover supplies the kids brought in SEPTEMBER that I STILL don't know what to do with.  The stack of papers?  It is a pile of extra worksheets.

The stack next to the bigger stack?  A pile of crap someone left in my room.  I don't know whose it is.  I think it's an accumulation of other people's paper and overheads and folders and math games.  The tray?  Rocks and minerals exploration.  The pile next to that?  I have no idea.

Ugly red bag?  Emergency grab and go bag that I still have not figured out where to put.  It is collecting dust.

Don't get me started on the giant box of Goldfish.  Do the words "salty snack craving" and "binge" mean anything to you?

Yes, it's great to have "a place for everything, and everything in its place," as my Grandma taught me.  But to have the discipline to put things where they belong in the moment?  Knowing where to put the random crap you didn't plan on?  I have yet to master that.  I have done the opposite of mastering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment