Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Learning Tree

I have seen many different Learning Trees on teaching blogs.  Some are hand-made with butcher paper and posted floor to ceiling.  Some are on bulletin boards, and some are 3-D!  I started small with a tree from Lakeshore and put it on my wall, overlapping the bulletin board and my "Reader's Treehouse".


I added an owl I made myself with scrapbook paper just for funsies and because I love owls.  I didn't use a pattern, just my mad skillz.


I also have some multi-colored twinkle lights going on.  The tree came with leaves, so I laminated them and made little pockets using cardstock:


I found a leafy font on dafont.com and cut out the words and glued them onto the cardstock.  I stapled the cardstock to the bulletin board on the edges.  I put blank leaves in the top pocket and the kids take whiteboard markers and write one thing they've learned on a leaf.  Then they put it in the "What I Learned" pocket and I put it on the tree when I feel like it.  After a few weeks, I take them down, erase them, and start all over again.



wtf



No comments:

Post a Comment