Saturday, May 5, 2012

Poster Museum

1. Students make posters or create other work you can put up around the room.

We're wrapping up our Tall Tales unit in Reading!  Our posters had 4 parts: Sensory Images, Exaggeration, Sequence of events, and Character Traits.  

I hung a few posters on my line at the back of the room, a bunch on the whiteboard with magnets, and some over existing bulletin boards with push pins.


Sneak peek at my Tall Tales bulletin board:



2. Students walk around the room, looking at each other's posters silently.  I made sure to tell them it was a poster museum, and they treated it as such.  Be sure you put the posters in places that are easy to get to (i.e. not behind your desk or squished in the corner by the sink). I gave them about 10 minutes, and it was awesome.

3. Students get sticky notes and may whisper as they write only kind comments and put them on posters.  I floated around, adding notes to posters that weren't getting as much love.  I also suggest removing the unkind notes as you go.

I happen to have the sweetest children on the planet, so quite a few of them told me afterward that they tried to put one nice note on everyone's.  If only I could put pictures of them on this, you'd see how hard they worked and how much they studied each poster!










No comments:

Post a Comment